This has been a crazy holiday season. Erik and I had decided to only get the kids one gift each, we didnt really have the money for more and I think Christmas is way to much about the gifts. I thought it would be a good idea to focus our giving to someone else.
We made cookies for a ton of people and the kids had a lot of fun delivering them. We helped each other around the house more and we helped our family and friends when we could. I even went back to work for a month or two cause one of the managers ended up in the hospital.
The magic all started right before Thanksgiving when we were giving a gift card for brand new tires so that we could travel up north to be with family.
Then there was the box of gifts that was giving to us by someone in the ward. That just added to everything the girls got when they went shopping with the fire fighter.
I was then lucky enough to get a gift card to Victoria Secret, so I got a couple of really cute sweaters.
Then the Bishop shows up with a whole box of food and a turkey so that we could make an entire Christmas dinner.
We had people showing up a couple of times a week with goodies and cute little notes to wish us Merry Christmas.
I dont mention all this to brag, really I dont. I mention it because I believe we were truly blessed for all the giving that we performed this year. I am full heartedly thankful for all the people that helped us this year. It will be one that will be hard to forget, because he helped each other as well as all the people that helped us. We will continue to remember Jesus Christ and the reason that we are here today. I hope I can keep giving of myself even when its not Christmas.
I am also so very thankful for my family. I love them forever and love spending time with them. The kids are so funny some times and they can make or break my day so easy. Erik has been so helpful this year with the kids and me working and I am so thankful to be able to stay at home and spend more time with them. They are my life and I would give them up…..not even to the Chinese people. haha
This has been a very fun year for us. With the move, Erik getting the Priesthood, and then being able to baptize Hannah, starting school in a different place and me being able to stay at home and not work anymore.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and may you all find the time to help someone in need.
No comments:
Post a Comment