Saturday, December 24, 2011

Date day…..again

 

I guess you could say that we have a thing for the “C” mountain.  We decided to hike to the “C”. We tried it a while back with the kids and didnt make it so we thought that with just the two of us we could totally make it.

100_2447100_2450  100_2452     100_2462

100_2449 Yeah I dont know who put in these benches but they dont know how to count or someone stole a bench. lol Sadly we only made it to number 5 before I gave out and could go no more.  100_2448100_2457 100_2458 We stopped on the trail and had a party.  lol We had snacks and water and I even stopped to text for a little while.  100_2459  100_2461      Knowing that I could go no farther we decided to take the long way down.  We cut across the mountain and ended up in a wash.  We were on top for a long time til we had to go down into the wash.  It was so pretty.    100_2467  100_2469 100_2470     100_2475 Then we came to this cliff that at one point was a water fall.  We couldnt go down it cause it was just way to fair so we scaled the side of the wash that was crazy steep.  We made it to the top and found the road.  On the road we found this hornytoad.  We thought he was so  cute we decided to take him home. 

 100_2476   100_2479 100_2480   100_2483    Once we made it back to the van we realized how far we had really walked.  The starting line is not even in this last pic. 

Once we got home we found out that in against the law to keep cliff so we had to let him go.  Even thou I almost died it was a ton of fun and I cant wait to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment